September 10, 2003
Yesterday, in fact, the day before and yesterday, I was watching 'Merlin' on Hallmark Channel. My last boyfriend is nicknamed 'merlin'. Sadly, I never knew who and what merlin is all about, except that he's a wizard. And, 'tis merlin just admitted to me that he, too, doesn't know that much about his own nic. tsktsk. hehe
There was a statement that left an impression on me from the show and I thought I'd share here.
"When you are forgotten, you cease to exist."
How true is that? Well, true enough and powerful enough for Merlin to destroy his own wicked mother, who is the Queen of magic. He, simply, ignores and forgets about her. And she sorta vanished, disintegrated into thin air, ceased to exist.
But, I was just pondering on the statement. Is that true? I think, slowly, I'm coming to a conclusion that it is indeed true. When you have completely chosen to forget and have truly forgotten about someone, that someone will cease to exist in your life. As good as any other stranger, even if he, or she, brushes past you. On the other hand, a person may have left you for many years, no longer a physical form in your life, but as long as you have not forgotten that person, he (or she) still continues to exist, as if he (or she) never went away. That's why we always say we can 'feel' that our deceased loved ones are still with us, eh?
Anyway, back to the show. I gotta say tis, that Hallmark Channel airs really great shows! Some of the best films I've ever watched are from the channel. Like, "And then there was one." My, that was a great show.
So, those of you who has the channel, give it a shot. Every weekday, 9pm. ^_^
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 16:20